Wow, what a summer we have had. Super super busy as always, and loving every minute of it! We started our adventure to California camping in Dana Point with some family and friends. We had a blast and of course the weather was amazing! Parker and Hailey loved digging in the sand and finally enjoyed swimming in the ocean without being scared! Uncle Kevin also taught Parker a little boogie boarding which he will never forget!
Parker and his friend playing in the water
Hailey, Kennady and Reese Jumping over waves
Our group of kids!
After beach camping for a few days we stayed in Long Beach for a while and visited lots of family. We were also able to see Jeff's sister Tracey and all her super cute kids while they were visiting from China! We met up at Disneyland on my big "30th" birthday and had a blast.
Hailey's favorite princess..For now.....
I also managed a flat tire at the happiest place on earth. Total bummer to walk out too after a long day. Flat tire + tired kids+ crying baby+ no food is a terrible combination! Did I mention we were hours from leaving to drive up to Utah, and still had to pack Ugh! Luckily my father in law came to the rescue with Triple A and we were out of there fast!
After spending a few days in California we headed to Utah for a Howard Family reunion. It was a blast. Although camping with 3 kids (and no husband) was exhausting and I wont be trying that again anytime soon, we had so much fun getting acquainted with cousins we never get to mingle with. My Mom put on so many fun games for the adults and kids, not to mention the many many other activities at our leisure. Parker's favorite was Cannoeing or riding around the lake in paddle boats. He spent almost all his time on the lake and frog catching I hardly saw him. Hailey's favorite was the lake as well, but she also enjoyed the playground and running around with all the girls!
One of the games my mom did. Everyone had to get in groups and stand on a sheet, then each time the whistle blew they had to fold the sheet in half and get back on it was so tiny they just kept piling up. Stephen did awesome holding up his whole group. Hailey was in this group but you cant see her.

We were able to see everyone for 3 days and cant wait to go back!
I was in charge of a kid craft so we made Marshmallow guns, then took all the kids out to a field and had a big battle. They loved it.
Parker Making a race car!
My cousins put on a fantastic obstacle course. Each team had a team captain, and they had to choose certain people to do certain events. They had running, cannoeing, wheel barrels, building a sculpture, egg walk, and the finish line was a slip and slide. It was soooo good.
Here are the team captains with their spirit sticks they had to team build.
Melissa and I put together the Price is Right game. It was soooo dang good. I loved it. We even had a real Plinko Board. My Brothers did amazing getting the crowd into it. Stephen was "Bob" and Ryan was "Rod". The audience was so into it, yelling and screaming, hugging Bob, slapping hands on the way down. It was perfect. I havent laughed that hard in a long time. Too great. I didnt get any pictures, but I am hoping someone caught it on Video...
Tenneal was one of "Bob's beauties" and Elli, Ashley, and Becki Helped us set up and display for each "game".
We even had a real spinning wheel, and the last contestants actually got the same number and we had to go to a spin off for the showcase showdown. So great. Melissa and I had gone to LA to go shopping for Prizes so we were able to have some really good things. We also made the Showcase Showdown family baskets of fun things to do.
After Utah, we went back to California to play with Tracey and her family for a week. Jeff was able to come visit us that next weekend. Jeff could only take a few days off, so in order to spend some time with his sister and his family, he didnt go to the reunion. We could not wait for him to join us in California We missed him a ton!
We spent almost the whole week at Disneyland with Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds and all our cousins. We had so much fun. My kids were spoiled to death and are currently going through withdrawls of being with Grandma and Grandpa and all there fun activities.
These two little girls had a blast together.
One of the days I took all the older kids and we went on Grizzley Rapids, and got totally soaked!
Killing some time in a store while the kids rode the new Toy Story ride. I think this is a new favorite of mine! The ride is a blast.
This was Berkley's first trip to Disneyland, so they gave her a Pin stating that! Melissa pinned it on the front of her hat. Berkley loved being outside all day, it is just a challenge to keep her super super fair skin shaded!
One of the Days, my Sisters met us at Disneyland and spent the day. We had a blast.
My kids can never be normal in a picture!
We also went Swimming and played at parks.
Jeff's Aunt Joanne came to visit. She is so wonderful, I was so happy to be able to visit with her. I wish we lived next door and we could visit all day every day!
After 3 full weeks on Vacation we headed back to Arizona, after arriving late Sunday night, we got a phone call that Jeff's Sweet Grandma passed away. We knew it was coming, she has been battleing lung cancer, but it still stings to get the news. This lady was so so so special to Jeff. The memories he tells of his grandparents and him would make anyone sobbingly jealous! We will miss her but know she is in the best place. We headed back down to California a couple days later for her funeral. It was so Lovely and perfect. Jeff took the kids to her House one last time and the park he used to play at when we visited.
This is the "Rock Pile" in her back yard that Jeff's grandpa built from rocks he collected on various vacations. The kids love climbing on it.
We had a great time seeing Jeff's uncle and his family at the funeral. We loved our vacation, but I think I loved walking in the door to my house after a month even more. It feels so good to be back to normal. My kids are on Detox from all the junk food that was obtained on our trip. Now we just have to endure Arizona's heat a little longer until our perfect weather arrives in the Fall.
Good thing we can swim to stay cool. We have had many many friends over this week to join us. Berkley went swimming for the first time too and Loved it. I gave her a popsicle to help with the new tooth that is making it's debut.
Parker took some pictures for me.
She loved to go up to the waterfall and put her hands under
Berkleys first Popsicle all to herself. Dont worry, she screamed bloody murder when it was all gone!
Now we have to get ready for School on Monday!!
17 years ago


4 comments:
looks like a fun summer and you better sleep with one eye open I am going to steal that freakin stinkin cute baby from you :)
What an amazingly long-fun filled summer! I'm with you, vacation is great and it makes coming home even better.
WOW looks like you had so much fun! Where it Utah was you'r reunion!? You look great btw!
can I come with you next year? We stayed hommme the whoooole summer! Yuck!!!
Post a Comment