Monday, May 18, 2009

Time for an Update!

My camera has been in sleep mode, I have not been good about taking pictures lately. It is the end of the school year for us and the kids are busy finishing up all the projects, plays, graduation performance (for Hailey) etc.

The kids school puts on a great performance called the "Spring Sing". They start preparing for this right after the Christmas Holidays. I love it, it is our third year attending and next year will be Hailey's first year to perform. They get together on the playground of the school and sing all the songs they have learned. They also do a BYOD (bring your own dinner) and have a picnic while you watch. It is a fantastic family event. Plus we have great weather right now, so evenings are beautiful to sit out side.

Parker was able to play the part of Paul Revere in the skit. He was really proud to be chosen to have a speaking part since there are only a dozen speaking parts out of the whole school.





I also had a great Mothers day!

We have 8am church, so right after, Jeff and the kids made breakfast (Jeff's specialty)

They also surprised me with a Wii Fit. Are you trying to tell me something?? I have to say I am surprised at how much fun it is. I don't think I would have picked it out, but I love it. The kids and I have had hula hoop contests every morning. And although I don't think anyone should buy it thinking you are going to loose 50lbs, You do burn calories, especially trying to out due two energetic kids! It has been a great family night activity. We even got Jeff to hula hoop yesterday!

We are ready to kick off for summer now with only 2 more days of school left. Jeff and I are taking the kids camping with my family over memorial weekend in the Sierra's. We cant wait! Parker is already speculating the size of the fish he wants to catch. More to come...

3 comments:

Gray Family said...

Parker did a great job with his part - very energetic and convincing, he was a great Paul Revere! Jeff got me a Wii Fit just after christmas and my kids sit and do the yoga with in the morning. It is so funny to see them try to balance! We also try to get Jeff to do the hula hoop with us - just for the laugh!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Aww! Berkleys little sunburn! how dare that sun. It makes me mad too!

LW said...

The Wii fit is so much fun! And please, you always look so good!