Wow, we did it, and I cant believe it is already over! Jeff and I threw the kids their first Halloween Party with all their friends last night, and it went by way to fast! I made the party 3 hours but lets be honest, with 25 kids you really need 6 hours to party! My kids had an absolute blast. We started planning this about a month ago, my kids helped type out the invites, write out their guest list, and hand delivered all of them. It has been a constant topic in our house.
Yesterday started with an 8:00 am Soccer game,(still forgot to take pictures) then the kids had their Fall Festival at school. While we were at the carnival, Jeff stayed home and Cut Tombstones out of plywood for the kids to decorate in our lawn. They thought is was great to get down and dirty with paint. We were also lucky to have our cousin Cade here all day to join in on all the fun. I am so bummed I did not get more pictures, it was to hard to juggle a camera.
Here is Hailey painting hers
Parkers Tombstone
Parker tried really hard to get his letters perfect
Cade's Tombstone
Hailey helped me paint milk cartons to look like ghosts, we put candles in them to light our walk way.
After they were all done Jeff nailed them to some pvc pipe and put them in the lawn for them, they looked great. Cade was super stoked to take his home for Halloween night. Once we finished outside decorating it was time to get dressed. I think the anticipation of getting dressed up is better than being dressed up. Jeff and I hung a curtain in our courtyard for the kids to walk through and they were greeted with a fog, strobe lights beating in their faces, and screaming kids trying to scare them. I should have had that on the video camera, dang.
All the kids came and had a great time checking out every ones costume, they all got to vote on their favorite one. Then each kids got to make a Carmel Apple (their favor to take home) and then we had dinner. Once the games got started, it was constant fun!! My poor neighbors hearing kids, scream, yell, cheer, and go just plain ballistic. Jeff and I were laughing almost to the point of tears. We had a Ring the Pumpkin game with Hula Hoops, Pumpkin Seed spitting contest, Donut eating contest,and Spooky musical chairs.
We only had a few minor casualties, when one little boy, burned his finger on the Carmel, and one threw up. Here are the few pictures I was able to take.
Jeff and I decided not to dress up, not that mine would have been scary but Jeff always likes to be extreme. I told Jeff I wanted to be a pregnant Mom with a pedicure, so my costume would be about $30 plus tip. It never happened.
All in all we had a great night, I wished it would have lasted a little longer, I think this might have to be an annual party, it was way to fun to do only once!
17 years ago


4 comments:
I am so stealing your darling milk carton idea! That is so original, well to me anyway! Thanks for sharing.
What fun parents. I remember doing this a couple of years as a kid and they were definitely the talk of school for awhile after. I can't wait til my girls are old enough to do this type of stuff.
Looks like a fun night!! What fun parents you are.
We decided to make our blog private so if you still want to be able to read it send me your email address at
heatherbuchanan76@yahoo.com
Post a Comment