So the last couple days have been kind of a blur, I decided to start a little painting project that turned into a big one. I am almost done! In the meantime, I have also been trying to catch little things I love to watch my kids do. Everyday after school, our street is loaded with kids! All the kids get together, play football, ride bikes, scooters, cars, etc. It is like a motor rally! We usually put up signs at both ends of the street just in case 1 car actually drives down our street. The other day, Jeff was working on his car, doing who knows what, so when he was done, Hailey decided she needed to work on hers too. She pulled out the car jack all on her own and placed it under her car just right to lift it. I was watching her thinking, there is no way she can pull this off, that thing is heavy and her car is plastic, the jack will just snap something. But she figured it out on her own and actually lifted the front of her car! She showed me. By then Luke had come over to see what the heck she was doing. She kept saying," my car is not working right, I have to work on it" She then asked Luke to help her. He kind of gave her this look, like "hunny, all your car has is a battery that you and I together can not lift" but being the good friend he is, he said yes. They went into Jeff's tool box and found some things that made no sense at all and were banging on the poor thing. At this point, I am watching the two of them looking super cute working on this car thinking, I better go get my camera, if Luke and Hailey ever end up dating when they are older, it would be super cute to have some pictures of them while they are so little, so I ran in the house to get it. Luke and Hailey are so cute to watch all the time, they play dress up, games, dolls, polly pockets etc, and he never once questions why they are not playing cops and robbers. Luke is also one of the cutest cowboys around and Hailey loves when he dresses like one, so she can wear hers and play.
Also this last weekend, My parents were in town which was super fun. They were able to stay with us this time, which was really fun for my kids. They love waking up in the morning to guests ( not so sure our guests like waking up that early) They played tons of Book of Mormon Battle (Parkers favorite) and Memory. Lets face it, any kid of any age can Beat my mom at Memory. Saturday night we were able to go out to dinner and then to see Elli in the Narnia play at the East Valley youth theatre. My kids loved it! Elli did such an amazing job! She decided she wanted to try acting, so she auditioned for this play, thinking she was just going to be a tree or an animal and they gave her a lead! She was Lucy. She really did a fantastic job. My kids and I used to have season passes to the theatre the last couple years and it made me miss it so much. They really enjoy seeing the live performance. We will have to ask Santa... Hint Jeff. Here is the kids with Elli after the play. BTW Reese also fractured her arm on Sat, after she fell off a shopping cart. She was a trooper though, and was so funny to watch during the play. She kept trying to yell Elli's name. I will have to try to get a picture of her and her super cute Purple cast!
17 years ago


2 comments:
I'm dying right now! Hailey cracks me up. Can't wait to have a girl and see what she's like. Hope you are feeling good. I'm in a honeymoon state. Feeling totally normal other than a growing belly! Miss you.
i wish i could've gone to Elli's play. I just put a new post up! Look at it!
Post a Comment