Friday, August 08, 2008

First Day of School 2008!!

Here we are again, a month between posts. We had a great time in California visiting family. I personally did not take any pictures but other people did, as soon as I get them I will post them.

We have been busy getting things set for the first day of school. Parker is now a big 3rd grader! (Wow I totally remember being in the third grade, Yikes!) and Hailey is our big Kindergartner! She loves it. I thought she was going clinch onto me the first day, but she did awesome! We played on the playground and when the bell rang, she ran and lined up with her class. It was great!

It is so weird to have both my kids in school! It is nice to be able to run my errands and grocery shop alone. In a few weeks they are going to start allowing parent volunteers in the classrooms so I am sure that is where most of my time will be spent! I cant wait! Here are some pictures of the first day of school!



This is Hailey on the swings on the playground, we spent 3 hours at a park practicing how to swing by herself so she does not need help at recess. She loves that she can do it alone! We were also so excited when Dad showed up and surprised us to see the kids on the first day!


Here is Hailey lined up with her class ready to walk in!


Hailey goes to Afternoon kindergarten so we went a little early and ate lunch with Parker before we headed off to her side of the school. He was so excited we showed up to eat with him. I wish I would have taken a picture! Oh well, I am sure we will do it again soon!

9 comments:

Allen Family said...

I still remember the anticipation of the first day of school and can't wait to experience it with my kids. Your kids are adorable. What a good mom you are! And how sweet of Jeff to show up and surprise you guys on the first day of school. What a cute family you have!

Anonymous said...

hailey and parker look so cute!

yeah, wasn't that crazy that benji was at the dance! he actually wasn't that friendly, and told us to make it quick when we asked for a picture, im sure he just gets annoyed! haha. he is really short! and not very cute at all! he didn't do any swing numbers but did a little slow dance solo. only a few of us knew who he was!

i misss you!

Marie said...

Hey i went private and i got a new blog address so if you want to still read my blog go to my old blog and leave me your email address so you can read up!! That sounds so much more complicated then it should be!!!

tRACEE said...

how exciting!! i remember wehn i was little, the first day of school was like soooo exciting..i couldnt wait ! haha

Melanie said...

Can you believe our kids are in kindergarten. Hailey looks so old. It feels like yesterday that we were taking them to preschool. Glad that she is liking it, its all Owen can talk about.

Beardall Family said...

They are both so big now! Crazy how fast they grow up. So cute of Jeff to suprise you. What a good dad. I'm cracking up that you practiced w/ Hailey to swing by herself before school. The things I get to look forward to!! I can't WAIT! :)

Jenni said...

Hailey looked ADORABLE on her first day of school. I bet she and Luke are going to have fun being in the same class!

Wendy said...

Too cute! I can't believe hailey is already in kindergarten. That's insane.

Tami said...

HI Michelle!! How are you? I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you from your first comment but I don't think I have been on here since I put my first few pics up!! hehe I have a little more time now so I can keep in touch with people a lot better!!Everything seems to be going well for you!! I'm so happy!!! Your family is beautiful and congrats on the one on the way!!! We need to get together the next time you are here!!!! =) Miss you!!