Friday, July 04, 2008

Locks For Love!

Hailey Did Locks for Love, I can not even believe I actually talked myself into it. Hailey has been begging me for a few months now to get her hair cut. Her request is "like Kennadys". She even woke me up in the middle of the night before to call Melanie to have her cut it. I decided to wait until Summer because I was hoping she would forget. I really thought she would be sad once it was done, but NOPE! She is so thrilled!! She has been so happy! Jeff on the other hand is having anxiety over the whole thing, but says he is getting used to it. He LOVED her hair and begged her not to do it. She asked him last week when we decided to let her do it "Daddy, will you still know it is me?" we had to laugh. He wanted to wait at least until she started kindergarten and had her first school pictures taken. The hard thing is that my kids swim EVERY day. Her hair gets so tangled that we have to wash it right when we get out in order to fix it. We would have to braid it just about everyday to keep the wind from tangling it as well. Well No more. She is tangle free. She loves being able to swim and just brush her hair herself and go about her day. We had lots of talks about Locks for Love and I showed her the Website of all the little girls that received hair from people to make wigs. Well at first she was all for it, then she was extremely nervous. We kept talking to her about it and finally found out why. When we showed her the pictures of the girls, she would see the picture of girls before the wig and then after. She thought these were the girls that gave their hair away and she kept saying she did not want to be bald. We explained to her that the girls in the pictures are not the ones that gave there hair away, they are the ones that did not have any and needed some. Anyway, she agreed and can not stop talking about it. She signed her name on the paper and it looked so cute. So here are some pictures of the New do!

Getting excited


Last picture with long hair


The first cut


The second cut



Hair Cut


A big Change


After Melanie's Magic


Loving It


The back of her adorable hair!


Hailey was quite embarrassed after it was done, she did not want anyone to see it. but now she wants to show everyone and tell everyone. I am so happy she has no regrets!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw. she looks totally cute. i remember you telling me about her wanting to cut it at lunch. short hair is definetely a lot easier.

ps. i cant promise not to be married by 30. but maybe i'll wait a couple more years. and tessa sounds like the perfect name! lol

Beardall Family said...

Who ever get's Hailey's hair is going to be one happy cancer patient. She has the BEST hair!! I'm so proud of her. I think her hair is adorable short. I need to have Melanie cut mine.

Maosi Fam said...

she is so cute that she looks cute no matter how long or short her hair is! i think it looks adorable! and good for her for donating it!

Marie said...

can you say mini parker:) She is so stinkin cute and i love the new hair cut:)

bekki said...

I love her new hair cut. But then she could be bald and still be pretty.

Melanie said...

I am so glad she likes it. She looks so dang cute. Thanks for letting me do it. :)

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I think it is so cute! Wow does she look grown up! What a grown up decision to donate it too.

Marie said...

Hey Happy Birthday Girl!!! Hope your having a great sick free day!!

Allen Family said...

What a cool experience. Hailey looks adorable with her new haircut! We missed seeing you guys on 4th of July. Hope you are feeling better!

Hess Fam said...

She looks adorable. I love when little girls donate their hair. I think it's such a good lesson for them.

dede said...

So adorable. Love her hair short. She has such gorgeous hair. I am sure it grows So fast too. I didn't get to vote but I like them all. Nash and Nixon are a tie for me. I LOVE tessa.. So cute. Hope you are feeling okay

Kelli J. said...

Hi Michelle! What a cute family you have & congrats on baby #3! How far along are you now? Have you found out whether it is a boy or girl? Nana kept telling me that you guys all have blogs and I have been bugging her to send me the address, but Ryan found us, so there you go! We are expecting our 2nd baby in 4 weeks (really 3, but my doc thinks it will come late just like my 1st - UGH!) Hope we can keep in touch! It has been a long time since I have seen you!!!

Katie said...

I haven't looked at your blog since Parker's last day of school post! I had so much reading to catch up on!! First off, congrats on the pregnancy! That is so exciting! Secondly, Hailey's hair looks adorable on her cute little face! And lastly- I vote for Nash or Tessa :)