Well Parker finally made the A-Team this year!! I am so proud of him! He has worked so hard this year to be on it. The A-team is a program at his school for kids that get Straight A's. Parker has been attending a Charter School the past two years. I love it! When we first moved here I was really stressed about schools and finding the right place for our kids. I had looked into several of the public schools and I just could not find one that implemented any 'over the top" curriculum. I looked into a couple private schools and decided that this route was best for our family. I had enrolled Parker in Three different schools, 8 Months before his Kindergarten year. There was such a long list at each one, that he did not make it for Kindergarten, but he made it in for first grade. So we attended a public school until then, ugh I wont even get started on that nightmare, that is a post all on its own. Once we were in first grade it was heaven on earth! I love the staff, teachers,Principal, and the curriculum more than I could explain. They use a different method of teaching/learning than a traditional school so Making the A-team is a big deal! This school has a tough grading scale. Remember (don't act like you do not remember, HA!) when scores in the 70's was a passing grade?? Nope it is an "F". It really challenges the kids though and for that I am thankful!
Parker is such an amazing student, He has been Student of the Month Twice now (I will post pictures later) and always has outstanding citizenship. Jeff and I could not be more proud of his hard work and determination he strives for. Way to Go Parker!! Grandma and Grandpa Howard, Heart-attacked our Front lawn when they found out, the kids were SO EXCITED! They could not believe someone had done that.(again I will post pictures later) WAHOOOO!!!!
Here is what the kids walked out too early in the Morning! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
Parker and Haileys Hearts
17 years ago


8 comments:
Hooray for Parker! That's awesome.
YEAH! That is great news. Doesn't suprise me though. Did G-ma and G-pa Howard move to AZ??
wow parkers so much older now! im glad he's doing good in school though. i remember those heart attacking days! ok well i just got my blog like a week ago thanks to tara!] and im liking it! =] thank you for your comment, my mom is doing ok..we were all shocked that this happened but you know my mom..she just accepts it and makes the best of the situation. I will tell the family that you said hi<3
That is awesome!!! Way to go Parker.
Hey I just came across this site:
http://blogs2books.blogspot.com/
(regarding your previous post). Check it out. If I'm correct, I believe it's FREE!
Gesh can i just say i cant believe that parker is so old!! I swear it was just yeasterday he was climbing out of his crib at nap time!! Gesh!! He is such a smarty pants!! Good job parker!!!
Congrats to Parker! I can only dream to teach in a Charter school on day, until then, I'll work on improving the public schools :)
I am not Ripping on Public Schools, I know so many Great ones! It just wasnt right for us. If I posted about the nightmare Parker had his first year, most people would be frightened!! And Please Mackenzie, you would be an awesome Teacher, Parker would have a major crush too!
I did the same thing with Tyler.....I was took her the hec out of Long Beach School District.... not that it's bad but there was no way in hec I would send her to her home school! At her new school they push them really hard and she got chosen for the Gate program. I say good for you making his education a priority and Way to go Parker for doing so well!
Post a Comment