Monday, May 31, 2010

Lately......

Here is a few things we have been up too...

FHE.
Parker and I thought it was time to FINALLY cement in the Tether ball court he got for Christmas. We made it a family affair and I think everyone had fun pitching in. I think. At least everyone had fun taking turns playing games after it was dry.






Parker and Hailey had their annual Spring Sing. The kids have been Practicing their songs for months. All the families are invited to bring Dinner and Picnic in the Field at the school. It is a fun family outing.

Hailey and Mya






Mothers day weekend was great. On Saturday, the kids and I drove a few hours to the Gila Valley Temple open house. I loved being able to walk through the Temple with my kids and be able to tell them what each room was for. Just watching their faces and smiles as they passed the beautiful paintings on the walls. They're reactions were priceless. When we walked in the Brides room, it had the most beautiful Chandelier, and big tall mirror which I explained to Hailey that the girls get to check their wedding dresses in before they walk out to greet their new husband. She had a grin from ear to ear! She looked in the mirror and said " I am definitely coming back here one day". It was so cute. I had to wipe a couple tears without her seeing. I wish her Dad could have seen her in that room. Priceless.

Berkley even did Great inside the Temple. She stayed in my arms the whole time.


It was quite the adventure taking 3 kids somewhere far, and somewhere we have never been. Each TINY town we passed was exciting. Like some Milestone and piece of History. We made up nick names for the towns, and laughed the the entire time. We sang Primary songs over and over, one right after the other. Berkley was silent listening to all of us. She was entertained to say the least. I was glad we decided not to bring a TV. I hope my kids will remember it like I will.

The next day, we all made a big Breakfast, with everyones favorites. Jeff and the kids surprised me with a new iPhone, and I have promised not to damage this one so quickly. I love it. The kids made some very useful coupons which I will be redeeming this summer. They are going to wish they would have put something like "a hug" or "a kiss" instead of "washing your car" or "picking up after the dog". Whoops!

This bouquet of Fruit was super super yummy. Jeff's parents surprised us with this for Mothers day. The WHOLE thing was gone in 1 day. Yep, 1 day!. The chocolate covered pineapple was as good as it looks! We loved it. Berkley ate almost every single grape on a stick!



Last week at pack meeting Parker earned his Bear and Religious knot. I am so proud of how hard he works at scouts and enjoys it. In our Den, When you earn your Bear badge, you have to "wrestle a Bear" (your dad) in a tent. Parker has been looking forward to this since he turned 8 years old and attended his first pack meeting. It was such a fun night. Parker and 2 of his friends, Cole and Luke earned their Bear as well. So they put all three Dads and all three boys in the tent to let them duke it out. The funny thing is that some of the kids outside the tent really thought it was a Bear. Some thought it was hilarious and some were seriously frightened. I did catch a video clip of it. We watched that tent, rumble and roar. I know Parker will never forget earning that award!

Bishop Beckstead awarding the Religious knot. He said some very very nice things about these two boys!


Getting ready to wrestle


In the tent.."Our Bear" said it was kind of Crazy! Looking at the boys faces when they came out I would have to agree.


We are now on Summer Break and that is making two kids in my house extremely happy! The third kid is happy but doesn't know what to think about having her Brother and Sister home all day. Her naps are not as peaceful, but her playtime is more eventful!

3 comments:

Allen Family said...

What a neat experience taking your kids to the temple open house. I'm sure they will remember that forever. And the wrestling with a "bear" is too cute. Hope you guys are well!

Gregory and Tracey Butters said...

The bear wrestling sounds so fun. Glad the bear came out alive. We are so excited to see all of you. We are coming with some great Classic Comic books for Parker - he will love them! The tetherball set up looks too fun. We are jealous you are already on vacation. A few more weeks for us. Love you guys - US

LW said...

Looks like you guys are keeping busy and happy!! Can't believe your family is growing up so fast!!