This is such a fun time of year. everything changes, we get to wear warm clothes, drink hot chocolate (My Fav) and not have to trek anywhere in the snow! People always comment " I don't know how you can stand to live in Arizona", The first thing that enters my head is our amazing weather 9 months out of the year! Yep we endure heat for a short time, but nothing beats the weather we have right now! I love it.
This Fall break, we went to California and of course had more fun than we could have imagined. We first threw a surprise party for one of my favorite people
My Dad turned 65 this year and we threw a big bash to celebrate. My dad is one who would never ask for anything , he is also really really hard to surprise! Pulling this off was a challenge and he really had no clue. If you haven't met him yet, its your loss. He is amazing and the hardest working person I know. I am so thankful for the lessons he has taught me. There isn't anything my Dad wont do for someone. If you ask him to jump, he will ask you how high, (literally) He also has a fantastic sense of humor that made growing up my house nothing but fun. I think every member of my family can agree that my dad is one of the best people to talk to and would never once place any kind of judgement on you. He is caring, sensitive,giving, funny, sarcastic (something that makes me laugh constantly). Happy Birthday Dad.
Also Joining us in California were the Jacobs. It was super fun to share a day at Disneyland with them and let our kids run around together.
They rode just about everything even though it was crowded. Parker even joyfully rode some "baby" rides for the younger kids
And it doesn't matter for one second how cold it is this remains to be my kids favorite ride
Parker is a champ in the big brother dept.
It was a short trip for our friends but we are glad they joined us. We even managed to squeeze in a morning at the beach.
After Jeff and the Jacobs went home, the kids and I carried on with another week visiting family, maximizing our time at Disneyland and making sure we slept very little and played very much! Grandpa Reynolds was so gracious in taking Parker and Hailey ALL DAY to Disneyland on Monday so Berkley could have a rest. The "half day" turned into all day, and they couldn't stop talking about it. My kids are blessed with a very fun Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds!
On Tuesday we of course hit the happiest place on earth to celebrate two awesome Birthdays
Zac turned 17 on Tuesday and Addyson turned 16 the next day!
I am so glad they shared there day with us. Some teenagers would choose something with less "supervision", but not these rock stars. Jeff always jokes that I wish Zac and Addy were really my kids, and I cant object to much. I love em.
Birthday Girl
Stephen and Becki and their family were also vacationing there, so we met up with them and talked my Parents into coming too. It was a full house, between Kristy's family, Melissa and Reese, Grandma and Grandpa, and us. So much fun for all the cousins to run around together. We couldn't stand another minute with out Billy's family not being there so we talked him into buying passes for his family too! They joined us the next day.
Love our cousins!
They never fail to make every minute a fun one.
I love that my kids are so close with their cousins, and share memories with them. I have so many good memories with some of my cousins and I am so thrilled they will have the same.
I think the next best thing in life after being a Mom..is being an Aunt! I love it! Don't even get Jeff started on his Topic, he knows how I feel about my nieces and nephews (When were were dating, being cool with tons of kids around was a requirement, and he has been awesome about it) The rest of the week I had 5 of my niece's and Nephews hang out with us 24/7. We ran around, ate tons of junk food, and laughed and laughed and laughed. Parker had us in tears laughing so hard at times. I absolutely love his little personality that is blossoming. Parker kept us going the whole time. There wasn't a night we went to bed before midnight, in fact that was the time we were getting on the tram to go back to the Hotel. We watched movies, played hide and seek, went swimming, etc etc.
Our bunch
Plus this little trooper. She went along and enjoyed the chaos.
Halloween Trick or Treat at California Adventure. This was fantastic! What a fun night!
Parker's costume looked better in person for some reason
Parker was trying to help them discover he was Frankenstein
More Junk food
Now with Halloween around the corner... More fun to come!
17 years ago


2 comments:
I seriously think you have us beat in the Disneyland dept. Don't you just love that place?
What a fun trip!
Post a Comment