Monday, September 15, 2008

Catch Up!

Here I am again, trying to catch up. Things have been really busy. I love being pregnant at a busy time of year, it is a first for me. I love that all the fun events are coming up when I will be so yucky, and then when everything is all over, I get to have my baby!

Soccer started for Parker a few weeks ago. They have won all but one game. He loves to play and is able to play on a team that has lots of friends which is nice. His team is called the White Dragons, I have yet to get a picture of him in his uniform but I will make it a priority this weekend.


Parker also started scouts in August. He loves it! The first day they had a class on Paper airplanes, he loves to make them, and I keep finding them in the most random places after he has lost site of their landing. Parker looks forward to every Wed. when it is time to get ready. He also was able to participate in selling the Scout-o-rama tickets at the grocery store and sold 16 on his own. Parker and his friends had so much fun doing this and he was so disappointed when it was time to pack up and go home. He was a little shy at first asking people to buy tickets, but once he saw the prize sheet of what he could get when he sold a certain amount, there was no question of what he had to do! I always thought scout uniforms were a little nerdy, until it was my own kid wearing one. He looks dang cute in it!


The kids have also been busy in school, Hailey had her first poem reading in class. It is a requirement every grading period for the kids to pick a classroom approved poem, memorize it and the Author who wrote it and recite it to the class. She was so excited. I really thought she would get up there, put her fingers in her mouth and not say a word, but she did great, and I was glad to be able to go watch her. This is a huge step for her. She gets very very shy (believe it or not) and usually holds onto my leg or something. Times are changing. (This is the girl who once had a dance recital, and sucked her thumb on stage the whole time and had to be carried off stage by her dance teacher!) Way to go Hailey!

We were also able to have all my family come to visit this weekend for Cade's Baptism and Jace's blessing. It was so much fun to get all the cousins together and play, sleepover, swim, and play some more. Here is a family picture My mom insisted we take since Not a single person was missing. Do my parents have their hands full or what?? Look at this group!


All in all it has been a crazy Month, but we are loving it. We have been so lucky to escape the crazy heat waves, and are starting to cool off a tiny bit. The kids love to swim so we are trying to squeeze in as much time as possible before cold weather comes and keeps us out. Yesterday, we even found a toad enjoying the 80 degree temp of the pool. He was just swimming around when the kids found him. Jeff and I were a little worried that the Chlorine might kill him so we did help him get out. At first he jumped right back in, but Jeff was able to escort him to the planter box. The kids thought it was great to watch a frog swim in our pool. He would torpedo right to the bottom and then right back up. He even let Hailey pet him.







That is a little update, I will try to update more this week.

5 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

We have had little toads like crazy in our yard. Noah loves them. And not all of them have made it too much longer after they were dicovered. But still fun!

Maosi Fam said...

finally! lol glad u updated=] sounds like your kids are having lots of fun and keeping busy...your fam pic looks like some of ours lol...cant wait for your baby to get here so we can see pics=]

Melanie said...

I love your updates. Parker does look so handsome in his uniform and Go Hailey I remember her in the performances at Mrs. K she would freeze so that is an acomplishment and that pic of your whole family is awesome what a cute family you have.

Sadie Lady said...

The whole family is so big. I really love that I can catch up with you guys on the blogs. Your cuz Sadie (Rogers) Fowers

Natti said...

The picture of the fam reminded me of the time my family came out to Cali and stayed at your parents house. We all crammed on the couch and took a picture, looking just like that one. Wow, how time fly's by! Good to see you and the fam are doing so well. Nattilee

www.kaseyandnattileekinsman.blogspot.com