We have officially kicked off the Holiday season! We were able to take the kids to the Polar Express train ride up by the Grand Canyon this weekend. The kids loved it. The car ride was long, the weather was frigged, the hot chocolate was warming, and the company was great! Jeff's brother Kevin and his family joined us. We walked around to see all the workshops, write our letters to Santa, make a craft, eat dinner and enjoy a fantastic evening on a train. They really do a good job to make sure the kids have fun. As soon as you board the train they give you cookies and hot cocoa, while you enjoy listening to the story about the Polar Express. The kids followed along in their book, looked out the windows and listened to our comic "helpers" on the train all the way to the North Pole. They were able to see Santa's village with elf's working, and holding up the "naughty or Nice List". Santa then boards the train with us, greets each child and hands them a Christmas Bell. We Sang Christmas Carols all the way back to the train station. It was a great way to ring in the Holidays.
I am really looking forward to the Holidays this year. We will spend Christmas in California this year with our families and I am excited for my kids to experience some of the traditions that Jeff and I had as kids. I also think it will be nice to relax the days before and do all the fun things that sometimes don't happen. We plan on sledding with Cousins, touring the Harbor on a boat to look at Christmas lights, go caroling, and visiting Lots of Family. It has been several years since we have spent Christmas away from home, but it will be perfect. And not to mention, it will be Berkley's first Christmas with our little family. We cant wait!
17 years ago


2 comments:
You have made me long to be home, just talking about the harbor lights. I love the pictures of the kids with Santa. Sounds like a fun trip!
What a great activity. I wish I could go :)
Post a Comment